A+ Learning Center LA1B (Honor G1/Common Core G2) curriculum meets following standards and benchmarks:
Phonics and Vocabulary Acquisition:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of letter sounds, including consonant blends and digraphs,r-controlled vowels, vowel digraphs and diphthongs, silent letters, plural forms,verb inflections, prefixes and suffixes.
2. Master grade-level vocabulary.
3. Understanding word patterns to decode, use, and correctly spell novel words.
4. Able to recognize, use and correctly spell sight words in reading and writing.
1. Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension of both fiction and non-fiction texts.
2. Identify characters, setting, and major events in a story.
3. Able to ask and answer text-related questions such as who, what, where, when,why and how.
4. Able to recognize the main idea, identify details, make generalizations, and draw conclusions from a text.
5. Assessing the author’s purpose and point of view.
1. In opinion writing, state perspectives clearly and support own personal opinions with reasons and examples.
2. In narrative writing, develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, transitional words, and clear event sequences.
3. In informative writing, describe facts about an object or situation in a logical order, with audience awareness to inform a reader.
13333 Bel-Red RD Suite 101, Bellevue, WA 98005, USA