A+ Learning Center Language Art-Level 6 (Honor G6/Common Core G7) curriculum covers the following contents:
1. Demonstrate command of the knowledge of word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
2. Distinguish among the associations of words with similar definitions/denotations.
3. Acquire and use accurately academic and domain-specific vocabularies.
4. Compare and contrast the following relationships among words:
✧ Shape relations
1. Determine a central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details.
2. Explain how an author develops the point of view of the narrator in a text.
3. Determine an author’s point of view or purpose in a text and explain how it is conveyed in the text.
4. Cite textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly.
5. Demand the techniques to crack the following types of questions:
✧ Main idea Question
✧ Summary Question
✧ Inference Question
✧ Example Question
✧ Word-in-Context Question
✧ Analogy Question
✧ Understanding Attitude
✧ Understanding Purpose
✧ Relationship Question
✧ Overall Structural Relationships
1. Write narratives to develop imagined events.
2. Orient the reader by establishing a situation and introducing the characters.
3. Organize an event sequence naturally.
4. Use narrative techniques to develop experiences and events.
5. Use a variety of transitional words/phrases to manage the sequence of events.
6. Use appropriate words and sensory details to convey experiences and events.
13333 Bel-Red RD Suite 101, Bellevue, WA 98005, USA