A+ Learning Center LA1A (Honor K/Common Core G1) curriculum meets following standards and benchmarks:
Phonics and Vocabulary Acquisition:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of letter sounds, including long and short vowels, vowel teams and variant vowels, consonant clusters and digraphs.
2. Understanding word families to decode and use novel words.
3. Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllable, and sounds (phonemes).
4. Able to recognize and use the first 300 sight words.
5. Able to decode regularly spelled one-syllable words.
6. Know final-e and common vowel team conventions for representing long vowel sounds.
7. Decode two-syllable words following basic patterns by breaking the words into syllables.
1. Read emergent-reader texts with purpose and understanding.
2. Identify characters, setting, and major events in a story.
3. Able to answer text-related questions involving details, the main idea, making inferences, phonics, and the meaning of words and phrases.
4. Able to locate key facts and information in a text.
1. Able to write descriptive, informative, or narrative paragraph based on a writing prompt following the organizer.
2. Able to write about an opinion, supply a reason for the opinion, and provide some sense of closure.
3. Able to write about informative topic supplying some facts about the topic and provide some sense of closure.
4. Able to write narratives with naturally appropriately sequenced events, including some details regarding what happened, using temporal words to signal event order, and provide some sense of closure.
5. Able to focus on a topic and add details to strengthen writing.
13333 Bel-Red RD Suite 101, Bellevue, WA 98005, USA